VR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
St. Paul & Minneapolis
About the job
We are looking for a stellar VR Software Engineer.
Carbon Origins is a venture-backed, groundbreaking robotics company with a mission to Make Robots Commonplace™, unlocking a world where robots manage dull, repetitive, and dangerous tasks, so people can focus on higher-value ambitions. Our flagship robot, Skippy, is revolutionizing last-mile food delivery.
Skippy is the first food delivery robot being supervised and trained by a metaverse workforce. Through our gamified VR platform, Origins™, robot supervisors we lovingly call “Skipsters” help Skippy navigate the real world. When Skippy encounters a novel problem he can’t solve on his own, a Skipster takes over, improving urban navigation and human-robot interactions, while simultaneously teaching him how to do it on his own by training neural networks.
Carbon Origins went through the 2021 Techstars Farm to Fork Accelerator. Skippies are now roaming the sidewalks of Minnesota delivering meals to offices, and soon, he will be coming to your neighborhood.
We are a mission-driven company. Everything we do is focused on Making Robots Commonplace. We are looking for passionate, hungry, and entrepreneurial VR Software Engineers to join our kick-ass team of engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs. We have launched rockets, landed robots on Mars, deployed satellite constellations, and developed VR technologies. Come change the world with us!
- Build, debug, and deploy virtual reality frameworks, tools, and applications
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high-performance code on time and to spec
- Design, build, and maintain features of player input, gameplay, and interactions using C#
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve the player experience on a variety of platforms
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Experience with virtual reality platforms (Oculus, SteamVR, PSVR) and personally active in VR communities
- Proficiency in C#, Unity and Blender
- Game development experience
- Critical thinker and great problem-solving skills
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in AWS backend development
What do we provide?
- A platform to change the world
- An innovative workspace and an agile pace
- A mission-driven and inclusive culture
- A diverse close-knit and passionate team
- Competitive salary