St. Paul & Minneapolis
About the job
We are looking for part-time robot attendants to follow our new robot Skippy around town as he goes about his day. Skippy is a food delivery robot currently operating in downtown St. Paul and Northeast Minneapolis. In each location, he accepts food delivery orders from a small number of test office and residential locations, picks up those orders from nearby restaurants, and delivers them to the office. Skippy can accomplish this job on his own, but we need your help to make sure he’s doing a good job as he’s still learning the ropes and to identify any issues or opportunities along the way.
Carbon Origins is a Venture-Backed, groundbreaking robotics company with a mission to Make Robots Commonplace and unlock a world where 100% of humanity can focus on whatever we want while robots can take care of the rest. Our flagship robot, Skippy, is revolutionizing the human lifestyle, starting with last-mile deliveries.
We are a mission-driven company. Everything we do is focused on Making Robots Commonplace. We are looking for passionate, hungry, and entrepreneurial team players excited about helping new technology succeed. This is a great entry-level position for people who are passionate about technology.
- Follow Skippy on his daily trips between restaurants, offices, and residences
- Take notes on Skippy’s interactions with people, opportunities to delight customers, areas for improvement, and any safety concerns
- Answer simple informational questions for interested passersby and hand out stickers and swag
- Intervene and engage in simple problem solving if an unexpected technical issue arises
- Assist Skippy with doors and elevator buttons as needed
- Take pictures for people who want their photo with Skippy
- Able to follow a robot on sidewalks at speeds up to 5 mph for at least a 4-hour shift, with only short breaks, and under all weather conditions (some time indoors and some time outdoors expected)
- Available at least 3 days a week for a 4-hour shift between 6 am and 9 pm
- An active mobile phone with cellular service which to take notes and communicate with the broader team as needed
- Friendly demeanor for interacting with passersby, restaurant employees, and customers
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of interested people while upholding a positive brand image
- Awareness of and adherence to state, municipal and private company rules including but not limited to COVID-19 related protocols
The following background would be wonderful to have but is not required:
- Customer service experience
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Consumer research experience
- Robot attendants will earn $16 per hour